Cowtown | Career InformationIn Town, Outta Town, it's Gotta Be Cowtown!
So you want to work for Cow do ya?
Cowtown is and has always been about customer service and satisfaction. Our vision is to become the recognized name for the “Ultimate” customer experience.
Continually dedicated to customer service, we take pride in our product knowledge, selection and value. At the same time we provide a fun and personal environment focused on maintaining the excellence of today and knowing about tomorrow.
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cowtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are an organized, a customer service focused individual and meet the qualifications listed below, please forward your resume, to:
General Manager | Cowtown
745 Park Street
or apply in person.
Animal Health Assistant Manager
- Manage the day to day operations of the Animal Health Department
- Provide leadership that will ensure excellent Customer Service and while developing high morale among team members
- Conduct record keeping and inventory control
- Direct the work of team associates
- Maintain compliance and handles reporting for retail store
- Perform other management or administrative duties as the operations requires
- Make decisions requiring independent judgment and in respect to invoicing and purchasing
- Develop advertising, merchandising techniques and programs that conform to policy guidelines and budget requirements
- Engage regularly in making sales or taking orders for services during customer visits in the store
- Responsible for invoicing, purchasing and other accounting duties
Cashiers and Sales | Pet Health and Animal Health
Full time and part time positions
- Control and accurately count cash floats and perform weekend deposits.
- Operate cash register, process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments.
- Ensure high levels of customer service and support.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities including pet, feed, animal health and equipment.
- Work in partnership with the Management
- Team and other employees to maximize store sales.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and exceptional customer service attitude at all times.
- The successful candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a retail environment.
- Preference will be given to persons with an agricultural background.
- Minimum of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Experience with securing and closing procedures including night key holder and alarm system activation.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Skills and Abilities:
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is not available
- Own transportation
Type Of Experience:
- Nutrition and health products
- Food and food products
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Reading text
- Suggestive selling
- Process money, cheque and credit/debit card payment
- Customer service oriented
- Work with minimal supervision
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Operate cash register
- Set up displays of merchandise in windows or display cases
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Not required